I n v i t a t i o n
Ontario logistics practitioners, users of logistics services and interested parties
are cordially invited to the Workshop and Networking Lunch on
"Business Opportunities in Asia for Ontario Companies
via the Hong Kong Logistics Platform"
Thursday, September 12th, 2013
Registration (10 am) – Workshop (10:30 am) – Lunch (12 Noon)
Ontario Trade and Investment Centre (OITC)
250 Yonge Street, 35th Floor, Toronto (Yonge and Dundas)
This event aims at sharing views and discuss with the participants about their business diversification to Asia and how the Hong Kong logistics platform may facilitate their endeavors. The gathering will also be briefed about the upcoming Canadian Supply Chain and Logistics Mission to Hong Kong as a strategic way for Ontario companies to go to the market.
Session presenters include:
• Bob Armstrong, President, The Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport – North America
(Bob will share his insights on why Ontario SCM companies may need to diversify to Asia and may like to consider using Hong Kong as the launching platform)
• Louie DiPalma, Programme Manager, Export Market Access, Ontario Chamber of Commerce
(Louie will introduce the Ontario "Export Market Access Fund" available for eligible Ontario companies in financing their export marketing efforts)
• Gloria Lo, Director, Hong Kong Economic and Trade Office, Toronto
(Gloria will present the latest update on Hong Kong as the premier logistics hub in Asia for interested Ontario companies to leverage)
• Joy Nott, President and CEO, I.E.Canada, Canadian Association of Importers and Exporters
(Joy will share with delegates her insights on current important customs and compliance issues with Ontario-Asia trade.)
• Anne Waldes, President, Hong Kong-Canada Business Association Greater Toronto GTA Section and President, Trade Link International Ltd.
(Anne will moderate the event as well as sharing her first-hand experience of being the Mission Leader of the Canadian SCL Mission to Hong Kong in 2012)
• Andrew Yui, Director, Canada, Hong Kong Trade Development Council
(Andrew will present to the meeting the "Window of opportunity: Canadian SCL Mission to the Asian Logistics & Maritime Conference 2013)
Registration is complimentary. As the seating capacity is limited, reservation of seat in advance is necessary. Seats will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. Please contact Andrew Yui at Tel: 416-366-3594 or email: email@example.com to make reservation.